OFFICIAL NAME: Celebrating the Craft or CTC for short
DATE: Saturday, May 16, 2015 || EVENT RUNTIME: 6 p.m.–Midnight (EDT)
1. 50% to Scottish Rite Philanthropies in the donor’s Orient as decided by his SGIG/Deputy
2. 50% will go to the House of the Temple Historic Preservation Foundation, Inc.
Donations can be collected and/or made for CTC 2015 in advance, but we encourage participants to call in or make their donation online the night of the live program.
PURPOSE OF CTC
1. To support the Rebuilding the Temple Campaign
2. To unite Brethren across the Southern Jurisdiction, highlight their vast talents and accomplishments, and to celebrate our membership and how this Fraternity has enriched their lives
WHAT THE SHOW WILL FEATURE
· Video footage from the House of the Temple
· Masonic scholars, leaders, and celebrities
· 18 Winners from our Scottish Rite Has Talent Contest
· Content featuring local Valleys and their members
WHO TO CONTACT WITH QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
Elena V. Dixon
Special Events Coordinator
Direct: 202-777-3187 | firstname.lastname@example.org
WAYS FOR MEMBERS TO GET INVOLVED
· Watch the live show which will broadcast through a link on our website.
· Spread the word and talk about the show with Brothers, family, and friends.
· Set up a projector for a life-size CTC viewing experience.
· Participate in Scottish Rite Has Talent (Details Below).
· Hold a party or other event coinciding with CTC.
o Use CTC as part of your Valley’s programming, as a new member tool, as a way to garner interest for the Scottish Rite with potential members, or as a way to showcase the Fraternity.
o Accompany the show with a BBQ, potluck, buffet, or bake sale.
o Schedule entertainment, contests, and games such as corn hole, chili cook-off, or face painting.
o Make a Facebook event page for your Valley so everyone can input suggestions.
· Plan to have your Valley Skype in LIVE during CTC (contact the Elena Dixon).
MORE ABOUT SCOTTISH RITE HAS TALENT
Scottish Rite Has Talent is a program which supports CTC. In 2015, we are looking for a variety of talents which include, but are not limited to: music, dance, comedy, magic, art, and theater.
The winners will be invited to perform live during CTC. Check out our Scottish Rite Has Talent webpage where you can find out more information about the contest, learn how to enter, and download our guidelines and rules http://scottishrite.org/development/giving/celebrate/talent/
· There will be a total of 18 winners chosen from the video submissions we receive.
· The 18 winners will be invited to the House of the Temple to perform live during CTC 2015. They will provide their transportation to DC, but the Supreme Council will cover their lodging and dining expenses.
· Video submission details can be found at https://www.hightail.com/u/CTC2015
· Videos must be no longer than 5-minutes.
· DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS MARCH 1, 2015, 11:59 EST.
WHERE TO GO ONLINE FOR INFORMATION
General Information about CTC …………… http://scottishrite.org/development/giving/celebrate/
Scottish Rite Has Talent …………… http://scottishrite.org/development/giving/celebrate/talent/
Video Entry/Submission …………………………...……… https://www.hightail.com/u/CTC2015